ASUG runs an interesting webcast on May 23rd (8 a.m. PT, 17:00 hrs in Germany), directly related to the recent announcement of an intensified cooperation between Microsoft and SAP: Migrating from Oracle to SQL – Business Case and Methods.
According to ASUG:
What You Will Learn
During this Webcast, representatives from Microsoft and SAP will discuss the key aspects of migrating SAP applications to the Microsoft SQL Server platform including:
- Business case and key drivers
- Overview of the current SAP certified process for migration
- Microsoft and SAP support offerings and training available for a migration project
- Update on current trends of customers migrating to the SQL Server platform
- Typical project plan with key activities and tasks
- Risk mitigation aspects
In addition, two customers will be on this Webcast to talk about lessons learned, experiences and respective business cases of which prompted them to migrate. Some key areas that will be covered include: ROI metrics, technical aspects, and more in regards to the migrations of their productive, mission-critical SAP instances to SQL Server from Oracle.
If you would like to participate in this exciting Webcast opportunity, please register today!